Encino Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients with Bone Fractures, Burns & More
For more than 40 years, Binder Law Group has focused exclusively on personal injury law, giving us the experience and skills needed to help countless clients achieve their legal goals after being injured in accidents. Over the years, our team has seen different types of injuries, including serious injuries that require thousands of dollars in medical expenses. Our Encino catastrophic injury attorneys believe that our clients shouldn’t have to pay out-of-pocket for medical care when their injuries were caused by another party’s negligence. With us on your side to strengthen your claim and go up against insurance companies, you won’t have to worry about going into debt. Your well-being and your family’s future are our top priorities, and we won’t rest until we get the optimal results you deserve through fierce advocacy.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is an injury that can take a long time to heal or may even be permanent and can change the way a victim lives the rest of their life. People with catastrophic injuries often have to pay for extensive medical treatments and may need to quit their jobs or change their careers entirely to accommodate their new realities. While injuries like whiplash or sprains can be painful, they’re relatively easy to recover from and not as expensive to treat. Catastrophic injuries, on the other hand, require emergency care but also future costs.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Our attorneys have served thousands of local clients over the years as a personal injury law firm and have the experience needed to consult you in your unique catastrophic injury case.
Some common types of catastrophic injuries we’ve seen include:
- Bone fractures: While some fracture injuries are straightforward, others can be extremely painful and take months to recover from. We’ve handled a wide range of fracture injuries, including metatarsal toe injuries, rib fractures, broken femurs, and all kinds of hairline fractures. Many of these injuries require surgery, which can be expensive.
- Burns: We’ve helped clients who have received second and third-degree burns from accidents. These burns are not only painful, but expensive to treat, as many burn victims need to undergo extensive surgeries and acquire skin grafts to repair damage. Burns can penetrate your skin and destroy tissue, and they often lead to permanent scarring.
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia: Spinal cord and neck injuries can cause paralysis that victims can’t recover from. Paralysis can affect your lower limbs or even your entire body, preventing you from returning to work and requiring you to spend thousands of dollars on medical equipment like wheelchairs, lifts, and more. You’ll most likely have to retrofit your home and hire at-home nursing care to help you get around and take care of the errands you can no longer do.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Brain injuries can affect the way you think, process emotions, and communicate with others. They may also limit the ability to move your arms and legs, and some traumatic brain injuries can even put victims into a coma or a vegetative state that they can’t recover from.
Which Accidents Cause Serious Injuries?
One of the leading causes of serious injuries in the United States is motor vehicle accidents. There are more than 6 million car accidents annually in the country that result in injuries affecting nearly 3 million people. While some people can walk away from a car accident without a scratch, others can be paralyzed and have their lives interrupted depending on the nature of the accident. Trucks and buses, for example, are much larger and weigh more than passenger vehicles and can cause more serious damage. Other accidents that commonly cause serious injuries include slip and fall accidents and train accidents.
If your injuries require ongoing medical attention and long hospital stays, chances are you may have serious financial debts that you can’t afford. Our lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in damages for clients and can help you cover the costs of your treatment.
Some of these costs include:
- Emergency medical expenses like hospital stays and surgeries
- Continuing medical care, like counseling and physical therapy
- Equipment like home hospital beds, wheelchairs, lifts
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
You may feel helpless now, but our caring team is here to remind you that you have options. Allow us to take over and help you heal.
Our Encino catastrophic injury attorneys are here to help you pave a way to a more secure future. Call us to get started on your injury case at (818) 740-7667.
Specialized Attention & Deep Care
Obtained Millions of Dollars on Behalf of Our Clients
4 Decades of Legal Experience