Encino Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Helping Clients Recover from Serious Injuries
Riding a motorcycle is a way of life for many people in Southern California, where a large number of motorcycles are registered. Blessed with stunning views, an inviting climate, challenging routes, and some of the top 100 motorcycle roads in the U.S., Southern California is a haven for motorcycle enthusiasts. While Southern California roads and freeways are ideal environments for motorcycle rides, motorcyclists understand that riding their bike has its risks and exposes them to serious accidents. When a car, truck, or other motor vehicle hits or crashes into a motorcycle, catastrophic injuries such as fractures, spinal cord injury, and traumatic brain injury can happen. Our Encino motorcycle accident attorneys at Binder Law Group are available to aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve from at-fault parties.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Distracted drivers and negligent motorists often pose serious risks to motorcycle riders, causing significant property damage and severe injuries to motorcyclists in a motorcycle accident. If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident, there are things that you can do for your safety and to preserve your potential claim for compensation.
After your accident, it’s important to:
- Call the police: Report the accident to the authorities immediately. The police can bring emergency responders to treat injured parties and clear the wreckage. Authorities will also make the police report, which can be important evidence to support your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Gather important information of the other motorist: Get essential details such as the identities of the other motorist, passengers, and witnesses of the accident. Take note of the other vehicle’s license plate numbers, makes and models, and insurance company information.
- Take pictures: Using a smartphone or other device with a digital camera, take photos of the accident site, particularly of the damage to your motorcycle, other vehicles, and other property involved in the accident. Take pictures of any injuries you may have sustained in the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company: Call your insurer immediately and inform them of your accident. Provide only essential information by stating the date and time of the crash, the location of the accident, and the names of other motorists involved. Do not admit any fault in the accident.
- Keep all your medical bills: If you are treated for any injuries caused by the motorcycle accident, retain all copies of receipts and other documents in connection with your treatment.
- Don’t make a statement to other motorists’ insurers: The other motorist’s insurance company may try to contact you—do not make any statements that these insurers may use to deny or limit your claim for compensation.
- Contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer: A skilled motorcycle accident attorney can help establish your injuries, the cause of your injuries, and defend your claim before insurance companies and if necessary, in court. At Binder Law Group, our experienced attorneys have helped thousands of injured clients obtain the maximum value of compensation that they legally deserve.
Motorcycle Collisions & Liability
It is a common misnomer that motorcyclists are more likely to be found at fault for a motorcycle accident than the drivers of other vehicles. Many people believe that if a motorcycle is involved in an accident, then the rider must have caused the crash. There is no research to support this belief, and, in fact, the opposite is almost always true. Car drivers cause many more accidents than motorcycle riders, if for no other reason than there are many more cars than motorcycles on the road. Most commonly, car drivers just don’t do a good job looking out for motorcycles and this leads to serious injuries for the rider.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, your immediate concern is to resume your normal life as soon as you can. This means getting the appropriate medical care and treatment for your injuries, having your motorcycle restored or replaced, paying your medical bills, and recovering wages or salaries that were lost due to the accident. If another party caused your accident, you’ll have to deal with the other party’s insurance company in order to recover compensation for all your injuries and damages.
Insurance companies, however, can make it difficult for you to receive compensation by requiring you to provide proof of your injuries and damages and convince them that the accident was not your fault. Assuming that you are able to establish your claim, the insurance company will most likely offer to settle at a minimal amount that is not sufficient to cover your injuries and damages. While you can negotiate directly with the insurance company, you can obtain better results with the help of experienced professionals from Binder Law Group, who work with no out-of-pocket expenses from you.
Brain Injury Attorney Helping Victims of Motorcycle Crashes
California has a helmet law that requires motorcyclists to wear prescribed helmets to reduce incidents of head injury in accidents. Unfortunately, protective headgear and clothing cannot totally prevent severe head injuries, particularly in higher-speed accidents and crashes with much larger vehicles.
At Binder Law Group, our attorneys have helped persons with traumatic brain injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents. Moreover, motorcyclists can suffer other types of serious injuries such as broken bones, road rash, and spinal cord injuries. These types of injuries can have lasting consequences, preventing people from working and supporting themselves, and carrying on their usual daily activities. Our Encino motorcycle accident attorneys know how to gather evidence of the other driver’s negligence and your injuries to make a strong case for your damages.
Why You Need to Hire an Attorney
Meeting with an Encino motorcycle accident attorney about your legal options following a motorcycle accident should be a priority because the statute of limitations puts limits on how long you have to collect compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and other damages.
The injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are frequently much more serious than those that occur in car accidents. Motorcycle riders are much more at risk for injury since they don’t have the luxury of being inside a vehicle’s steel cage ot protections such as seat belts and airbags. This level of exposure with only a helmet and sometimes other riding gear to protect you oftentimes leads to greater injuries, including serious, debilitating injuries that require ongoing care or lead to permanent disfigurement or disability.
The costs of caring for these more severe, life-changing injuries can quickly eclipse the limits available through a typical insurance claim. An experienced Encino motorcycle accident lawyer can help you negotiate a settlement that will provide all the care you need and cover your medical expenses stemming from the accident. If a settlement is not possible, we can ensure you receive a fair payout for your injuries.
Call us for a free consultation today at (818) 740-7667 so we can discuss your options.
Specialized Attention & Deep Care
Obtained Millions of Dollars on Behalf of Our Clients
4 Decades of Legal Experience