Wrongful death is a traumatic experience for families around the country and right here in Encino, California. At Binder & Associates, our wrongful death attorneys in Encino, California are dedicated to representing family members who want to hold the offending party responsible for the untimely loss of their loved one.
What is Wrongful Death, and Who is Responsible for the Personal Loss I Experienced?
Wrongful death is the death of a human being that is caused by another’s intent to cause harm, or their overall negligence resulting in the loss. This can include direct acts of negligence or inaction to provide proper care.
The common causes of wrongful death can include:
- Auto accidents
- Criminal behavior
- Death during a supervised activity
- Exposure to hazardous conditions or substances
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability accidents
Responsibility for these deaths can vary, and can include the legal pursuit of financial recovery from the:
- Driver who caused the accident
- Manufacturer defects that led to the death
- Attacker who caused the physical injury
- Employer or municipality responsible for the hazardous/negligent circumstances
- Physicians, nurses, and participating medical staff
Depending on the loss, and where it occurred, varying parties may be responsible for the overall claim we pursue on your behalf.
Wrongful Death is a Common Occurrence in the United States
While we are hopeful that wrongful death isn’t something most will have to endure in their lifetimes, the reality of how often it occurs in traffic accidents is eye-opening.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration listed that last year there were:
- 40,000 motor vehicle fatalities nationwide, a 6% rise from the previous year
- 3,600 deaths in California alone, including
- 528 motorcycle deaths
- Almost 300 large trucks deaths
- 858 pedestrian deaths
While not all of these deaths were attributed to negligence, the leading causes of these fatalities can include wrongful death components like:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Disobeying traffics signs and signals
- Road rage
At Binder & Associates, our wrongful death attorneys will help you determine the cause of your loved one’s death, and who is financially responsible, so you can focus on grieving.
File a Wrongful Death Claim with Experienced Encino, California Attorneys: Binder & Associates
If you are a surviving family member of someone you believe to have suffered a wrongful death and incurred a financial injury as a result of your loss, contact our dedicated and experienced personal injury attorneys at Binder & Associates in Encino, California at (818) 740-7667 today. We can help you determine the best legal approach to holding the negligent party responsible for your loss accountable for your financial recovery.